Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Eric & I had a great weekend! Evelyn might have a different opinion. :-)
First off, Eric had a 4 day weekend. YAY! Then, his folks came down and spent time with us, Kelly, and Brian. We spent most of Friday just hanging out at Casa de Millar, which was nice and relaxing. Saturday was spent at the Bristol Renaissance Faire. I tried carrying Evie in the infantino carrier, but she was having none of that. I think the main problem was that the sun was on her face, even with a blanket covering her. So, we got the stroller and she did a lot better. Eric had to swing her in the car seat quite a few times and we did end up just carrying her around, but we still got to enjoy the sights and a few shows. On Sunday, Fritz and Jean stopped by the apartment to drop off the cradle they built Evie. It's beautiful!! Such an amazing gift!


Now, what was Evelyn's opinion on the weekend? FAIL. The poor baby did a LOT of crying and screaming. I've been bad about giving her her poly-vi-sol vitamins. So, I gave them to her on Wednesday and Thursday and both days she screamed terribly for hours. Plus, there was a real lack of bowel movement for 3 days, which could not have been comfortable. We think she had a reaction to the iron in the vitamins. I can't handle iron supplements at all, so I bet she's the same way. Then, Evie just continued to scream and cry inconsolably most of the weekend. Eric and I are going to ask the pediatrician to increase her Zantac dose, since she's gained some weight and its effectiveness can decrease as her weight goes up.

But this next week should be great!! Eric only works 8-hour shifts this Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday and then has Friday and Saturday off. (For those not in the know, Eric is now working 2nd shift.) Then, my mom comes to visit for a week beginning next Sunday. YAY!! I may be 30 years old, but I love having my mommy around!

No comments:

Post a Comment