Monday, February 7, 2011

Bass Lake Brewery

For Yule this year, Kelly, Jean & Fritz, and I bought Eric & Brian a deluxe beer making kit. The guys started their first beer, a Scottish ale, 3 weeks ago and we're now just waiting for carbonation to complete. On Super Bowl Sunday, they started their second beer, a peace coffee oatmeal stout. I'm not sure if the pics below are in true order of the brewing process, but you'll get the idea.

Bottling the Scottish ale, their first batch.

I helped stir!

The proud brewers.

Carefully adding something.

Some pouring action for your viewing pleasure.

Eric being scientific.

Adding the yeast.

And now we wait for fermentation.

Oh, and the guys have been throwing around ideas to name their brewery. I like "Bass Lake Brewery", as the Keyser Family cabin is located on Big Bass Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment