It was a dark and stormy night...no, seriously. In the middle of the night, in the middle of a tornado watch with streets flooded over our tires, Eric and I left for the hospital to have our little girl.
Let me start at the beginning: I went into labor on July 14th. I had contractions on and off beginning at 3:30am and they continued until noon when everything stopped. Very frustrating, since I wanted to get this show on the road! Around 4pm though, contractions began again and at 7:30pm, I began having timeable contractions. Yay! Well, they hurt like hell, but at least there was some progress. By July 15th at 1am, I was having contractions 5 minutes apart, 1 minute in length and had been for over an hour. Here's where the dark and storm night part begins.
After an hour and a half of driving to the hospital (it was terrible weather), we arrived with me 3 1/2 cm and asking for an epidural. Over an hour later came sweet relief. I'm pretty proud of myself for making it to 5cm without killing someone, but thank goodness for the drugs! Eric and I were able to get about 3 hours of sleep at this point. In that time period, I progressed from 5cm to 10cm! I woke up ready to push! I began pushing at 8am and at 9:26am my beautiful baby girl was born!
Evelyn Jean Keyser was 7lbs. 2oz. and 20in. long at birth. She has a ton of dark hair and dark blue eyes. She's the most adorable baby I've ever seen (a completely non-biased opinion, obviously).
No comments:
Post a Comment