Evelyn loves me so much that she started the day 1.5 hours EARLY! Plus, she screamed for 2 hours in the middle of the night. Yeesh, thank goodness for an adorable baby and coffee...lots of coffee. Unfortunately, Eric had his drill weekend (stupid Navy), so it was just me and Evie for most of the day. First, we went to the diner for breakfast. The ladies there all love Evie and I got a carnation for being a mommy. Then, we went grocery shopping. Yeah, boring but it's gotta get done!
After Evie's nap, we headed out to the zoo. They were doing a promotion where Moms are free and babies under 1 are always free, so it was a great deal. Well, everyone else in Milwaukee thought so too. The parking was backed up almost a mile! So, I immediately pulled a u-turn and headed to Greenfield Park.
Evie went on her first swing! She LOVED it! She giggled and smiled most of the time. The rest of the time she stared at all the kids on the playground. We also went for a walk around the fishing pond. So lucky it was such a beautiful day!
Eric got home early and surprised me with a gift card to a massage therapy center. YAY!! Hour long massage here I come! Also, a poem about being a mommy that made me cry and a keepsake box. I have the most amazing husband and baby girl. They are my rocks. Nothing fancy for dinner...just appetizers and drinks at Chili's. We'll go out for a nice dinner that combines Mother's and Father's Day once we get a sitter for Evie.
I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day too!!
Lovely post! Cutest baby too!! xoxox
ReplyDelete