Sunday, August 15, 2010

1 Month Old!


I can't believe Evie is already 1 month old! (She celebrated by puking on Mommy and pooping on Daddy.) These 31 days have flown by surprisingly fast. She can now track my face with her eyes, put her fingers in her mouth for comfort, use a pacifier, gained 1 lb. 3 oz. over her birth weight, roll over from her tummy to her back in both directions, has incredible neck control, and make adorable little cooing noises. I'm slowly learning to let her sleep in her pack 'n play and not always in my arms. Evie's also starting to put together 3-4 hour stretches of sleep at night, which her very tired parents appreciate!

I'm very happy to report that the reflux medication combination is working really well so far! She's taking 1.3mL of Zantac 2x/day and taking 1/2 tsp. of gripe water 6x/day. We can still feel a lot of gas moving through her, but Evie's not straining in pain anymore. Such a relief! It was horrible to watch our baby girl in almost constant pain and distress. Plus, I'm now 100% dairy-free and it's been fairly easy to adjust to this change. It's shocking how many foods have hidden dairy in them. A huge resource I've used is godairyfree.com. Did you know Haagen Daz has the most unbelievably delicious mango sorbet?? Also, tofu "cream cheese" does not ruin slow cooker beef stroganoff. I'll be trying more desserts next week. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment