Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Waging War on Reflux


Sorry for the delay in any new posts! My fantastic mom came to visit for two weeks and my dad came for a week. I LOVE my parents so much! They held Evie, reassured me, changed diapers, washed laundry, cooked, cleaned, didn't sleep so Eric and I could, and made life so much easier during these tough early weeks.

Oh! and Frontier Airlines is going to run non-stop flights from Milwaukee to Hartford beginning in September. Connecticut family and friends can now visit more easily! Start booking those trips now, folks!

The big news is that Evie is finally being treated for acid reflux. I'd had a suspicion she has had reflux all along and I'm glad we're now doing something about it. We had had her on Mylicon after feeding and had done every trick under the sun to help her relieve gas pain, but to little avail. As of today, she's on Zantac and gripe water. Oh, and I'm 100% dairy-free. There goes my addiction to frozen custard! Did you know there's dairy in chicken broth?! Luckily, I only use the stock Eric makes, which is dairy free. Hopefully the combination of the medications and diet will make Evie more comfortable and happier. It's been awful to watch my little peanut be in so much pain for most of the day.

More frequent posts to come! I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment