For those not in the know, Attachment Parenting is a parenting philosophy coined by Dr. Williams Sears that involves stay-at-home parenting, baby-wearing, baby-led routines, and co-sleeping. Dr. Sears says, "According to attachment theory, the child forms a strong emotional bond with caregivers during childhood with lifelong consequences. Sensitive and emotionally available parenting helps the child to form a secure attachment style which fosters a child's socio-emotional development and well being. "
The picture above shows me and Evie using her Maya Wrap ring sling. While we're still hit-or-miss on her attitude towards it, I love it! My friend Krispin bought me this sling and it frees up my hands. Also, Evie just likes to be walked around the house to fall asleep and it's cozy to baby-wear her. I also own an Infantino carrier and a Moby wrap. I can't wait for the weather to cool off to use the Moby!!
From the very beginning of my pregnancy, I said we would not bed-share with our baby. There are too many babies dying from bed-sharing incidents. Fast forward 9 months of pregnancy and a month of acid reflux and colic = we are definitely co-sleeping together!! Evie has not had enough sleep on a daily basis since she was born because she cries so often. A typical evening is me on the couch with Evelyn in my arms and resting on the boppy. This works for a few hours and then we switch to Evie reclined in the boppy and I'm sleeping next to her with my arm across her. The ideal situation? No. But is it working? For her, yes. I'm averaging 4 hours a night, which is totally manageable at this point.
As for a routine, Evelyn is the queen of the house! Except for doctor appointments, she dictates how the day goes. I am perfectly happy with this set-up so long as it helps her be a happy, content baby. We spend most of the day while Eric's at work sleeping, nursing, singing songs, doing tummy time, watching tv, and more sleeping. I'm thrilled I get to stay home with Evelyn and hope I get to for as long as possible. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment